About Me

My photo
Like to play sports and workout. Love to go out with my wife. Like to travel everywhere.

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Blog Post 3

A Vision of Students Today:
I have heard that my generation is going to screw up the world with technology. They will be leading the way in engineering new technological jobs. The truth is technology can help us in many ways more then just keeping in touch on facebook. This is right on with my college experience so far. I have sat in classes soaking up book knowledge like I am a sponge, but I am not and we can not learn from books alone.

Read the post "It's Not About the Technology" by Kelly Hines:
We can keep teaching the traditional ways and get further behind in technology or stride to find better ways to mix the two. I have nothing against the normal teaching process in certain classes, but we need to make those classes more of a technological classroom. Have access to overseas classrooms connected together to see how they react to different cultures of learning.

3. Karl Fisch: Is It Okay to Be A Technologically Illiterate Teacher?

I see the problem and it is all around. I am not a teacher yet but I have seen it before with parents joking with subjects. If you can not successfully use a computer or its programs then you should not teach. If you can not keep up with technology then you will not want to keep up new teaching strategies.

When it is ok to say I can not do this then your students will notice you giving up and think giving up is ok. I do not want my students to ever want to stop learning but I want them to find out the answers through help if needed. I believe they will fill better once they learn that ignorance is no exception to finding the answer. 

4. Gary Hayes Social Media Count:
It means I need to take as many computer classes needed to keep my job to stay ahead of other teachers. Actually I will just have to make my class more than just sit down and look at a chalkboard class. Get the students involved because if you do not then students will get bored as it shoes with the entire youtube uploads, twitter, and facebook updates. Kids need to be pushed if not they will get bored and that means trouble in class.


picture of etrade baby 

1 comment:

  1. "I have nothing against the normal teaching process in certain classes, but..." Which classes do you think the "normal" style of teaching is most conducive? Why those and not the rest?

    ReplyDelete